Post and Rail Fencing
To make installation easy, all our timber post & rail fence-kits are professionally pre-cut for quick and accurate installation. Choosing between 1, 2 or 3 rail fence-kits will suit projects of all shapes and sizes. Without compromise, all our rails are F7 Structural Grade quality and all our in-ground fencekit timbers are given APVMA approved extra protection against termites and decay.
Why choose concrete fencing imitating real timber (or even worse plastic fencing imitating real timber!) when you can have the real thing?
Golden Cypress Post and Rail Fencing INCLUSIONS and Benefits
- Available in 1, 2 or 3 rail kits (traffic barriers usually 1 rail)
- Compare: All our rails are 200×50 F7 Structural Grade (and Better)
- Standard rail height is 1200 mm (above ground level)
- We optimise your job from your sketch-plan. Generally post spacings (ie. rail lengths) are 2.4m up to 3.0m.
- Compare: All our post and rail kit posts come DOUBLE-COATED with APVMA approved extra protection against termites & rot applied to post bottoms, mortices and tops as standard. If you’re quote-shopping INSIST all quotes include this – no timber can last forever without it! Paint and bitumen are not approved for this! Opt-out is available by request.
- All posts being 200mm wide means all post faces are in a straight line, thus any wire or mesh you attach will all be in a straight line (rather than in and out)
- Mid posts are most usually 200×100, but we can also make other sizes eg. 200×125, 200×150 or 200×200
- All posts are professionally pre-morticed (not hacked with a chainsaw) and tops are bevelled
- Compare: All components have all faces and arrisses (corners) sanded smooth
- Special 45′ entrance sets are easily catered for
- Compare: When rails meet posts at a 45′ angle our unique morticer can mortice neatly through the arriss. Other kit suppliers might require you to make awkward geometric modifications yourself
- Compare: Our fence kits are also available in budget-priced High Feature Grade cypress, or in H4 treated pine
What Customers Say
“If anyone is looking for large timbers for their post and beams (or other) I would highly recommend Golden Cypress. Beautiful timber, very easy to work, light, strong and economical.”
We have had quite a few positive comments and also some friends interested in doing the same. So we are very pleased with the fabulous look of our new entrance.
Good building practice requires that all freshly cut surfaces have an application of a water repellent preservative. End-grains require particular attention, especially post tops.
On all timber to be painted, ends in particular, are to be primed with a compatible primer. If painting, light coloured paint will last longer.
All exposed, uncoated external timbers will tend to oxidise to a silvery grey colour, the degree and rate of greying dependent upon the exposure level of each element to sun, wind and rain. Although Golden Cypress has its own natural durability when used in conjunction with good building practices, we suggest using a high quality penetrating oil with effective fungicidal properties and re-coating according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Should you want a quick and even greying effect, your paint supplier should be able to add a grey tint for you.
Should you want to want to bring the natural colour back from grey, oxalic acid has proven effective.
Regardless of what you choose, always refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Some customers have suggested these options:
- Cutek as a preservative
- Wattyl Exterior Deck Teak Tallow – its tint colour closely matches the colour of fresh-sawn Golden Cypress
- Livos products (for the health conscious)
Although some products require more frequent re-coating , you should also factor in the ease of re-coating.