Golden Cypress Lining 180
Benefits of Golden Cypress Lining
• A truly sustainable alternative compared to other lining options.
• Naturally durable without added chemicals.
• Exceptionally stable.
• Intrinsically beautiful (like Kauri – lustrous and golden) or allow to weather naturally to a silvery-grey patina.
• Old-growth trees. Slow growing. Tight grain. Fiddleback is common.
• Use vertically, horizontally or diagonally. Design freely!
• Super wide boards, end matched to reduce labour and minimise waste.
• Locally grown and milled – unlike Oregon, Merbau and Cedar, which are imported and very likely entirely unsustainable.
What Customers Say
“The timber has worked out really well – it will be the best shed in the district!”
Our Gold-Line 180 is 180mm cover x 20 thick fully seasoned lining board with a v-grooved dressed face (plus it is reversible to a shiplap profile). Now available end-matched – saving you time and reducing waste!
Gold-Line 180 can be stained or oiled, left raw or can be charred in the Shou Sugi Ban style.
Shou Sugi Ban
Shou Sugi Ban also known as Yaki Sugi and Shogyu Ban is a Japanese technique of charring or scorching timber, usually cladding or siding, to increase durability and reduce maintenance. We’ve found that dressed face suits Shou Sugi Ban scorching processes best.
Choose your finishes
We use Woca products, made in Denmark (http://www.wocadenmark.com/shop/product/exterior-oil). All Woca Exterior Oils preserve timber and add UV protection.
Choose Woca Natural Exterior Oil for preserving sawn and for extra depth and lustre to dressed face timbers.
Choose Woca Grey Exterior Oil for a quick, and consistent, weathered look to all raw timber faces, sawn or dressed.
Choose Woca Black Exterior Oil over dark charred or Crocodile Skin for a most refined and sophisticated effect. This also helps bind the charring from rubbing off and reduces its glossiness.
To see these finishes take a look at our Shiplap Cladding page
|Gold-Line 180 Air-dried Lining. End-matched randoms 0.9-3.6m. Packs 300m||$/m2|
|Add Char 1 face – Light||15|
|Add Char 1 face – Dark||20|
|Add Char 1 face – Crocodile-skin||25|
|Add 1 coat Woca Natural, Grey or Black||15|
|Add for less than 50m2. Min. is 30m2.||15%|
*Please note that long lead times may apply so do be sure to order yours early in your construction schedule.